Informal local market available in Tofo where necessities such as vegetables, fruit, beverages, bread, fish, seafood, charcoal etc are available.
Inhambane has a bigger market as well as small shops where almost everything you need is available.
Three km outside of Tofo there is a small shopping centre with a petrol station, tuck shop, BCI Bank branch with ATM for cash withdrawals as well as a deli.
Things to do in Tofo:
Please note that driving on the beach is strictly forbidden and will be fined by officials!! Boats can be launched at the indicated area.
- Scuba diving
- Spear fishing
- Snorkel on the reefs
- Ski-boat and rock angling
- Horse riding
- Various restaurants
- Sundowners at Dino's beach bar
- Visit Tofino (less than 5km south from Tofo) and stand in awe of waves crashing against
- the rocky headland.
- Visit the Frelimo "Monument to Fallen Heroes" in Tofino
The climate is hot and humid all year round.
Winter (June, July, August)
Spring and Summer (September to May)
- Cooler evenings, warmer days
<<< Download Additional Info Sheet
- Maximum temperature average around 30°C to 35°C with high humidity
- As Paradise Dunes are situated on the dune, a gentle breeze usually breaks the extreme heat
- Rainfall is at its highest during January and February, mostly thunderstorms in the evenings / late afternoons